Fact Sheet for Delaware
“These standards are inferior to what we need in this country — they are not rigorous, they are not internationally comparable and they are not research-based…”
– Sandra Stotsky, a professor at the University of Arkansas who served on the Common Core Validation Committee
It’s back to school in Delaware, and back to pushing an immoral and dumbed-down educational agenda on our children. If you and I want to ensure that our children have a bright future, it will require a bipartisan group of parents, teachers, and activists doing their part to stop this draconian education system.
On this page we quickly break down facts that affect you as a Delaware citizen.
- Common Core started in our state with Race to the Top Funding. In March 2010 Delaware State got over $100 million in funding.
– The fine print of Race to the Top clearly states that they would be required to implement Education Reform, including Common Core initiatives.
- Large funding from corporate interests, including but not limited to the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation are actively supporting Common Core.
- Common Core Standards are actually sub-standard. Math is deemed relative; the new teaching methods lead to further confusion.
- Common Core will make privacy a thing of the past, collecting intimate information about the student and their families from the earliest ages possible.
- Homeschools and Private schools are not exempt from this plan.
- There was no law or public vote passing Common Core in Delaware.
- Together – We can pressure Delaware to stop implementation of Common Core and delay and/or lessen it’s ability to function in our schools!
- Be sure to attend your local C4L meeting as we continue to breakdown Common Core and provide strategic ways of blocking or hindering it from spreading further into the lives of our youth.
See Also our free downloadable InfoGraphic.
- Delaware and Tennessee Win First Race to The Top Grants
- Race To the Top – Phase 1: Delaware
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: Accelerating the Common Core Through Teacher Networks
- Obama’s New Math Curriculum Gives Kids Points for Wrong Answers?!
- Common Core’s Data Mining Trojan Horse
- Will the Common Core impact homeschools and private schools?