Our meetings for May across the State of Delaware are almost here and they cannot come soon enough.
I’ll list those dates and times in a moment, but I need to explain why your attendance this month is so important for the cause of liberty.
Governor Jack Markell, with help from both sides of the aisle, was able to pass his first Gun Grab Bill, House Bill 35, through the legislature.
But due to our efforts, the results were really close. In the House, we came within 4 votes of winning. In the Senate, we came within 3.
Never say Delaware is too far along toward tyranny. Our strategy is working.
Even when we lose a vote, we can win something for liberty.
We exposed 4 backstabbing politicians during that fight, and they will continue to feel political pain well after the legislative season ends:
- Reps. Michael Ramone and Deborah Hudson
- Sens. Catherine Cloutier and Ernie Lopez
We need to make these politicians sweat for every bad bill they force down our throats. Every time we confront these statists, liberty advances another step forward.
And there are at least 10 more Gun Grab bills in Dover that will continue the assault on our natural, God-given rights — unless we continue to ramp up our efforts.
There’s other Anti-Liberty legislation to fight in Dover, such as:
- House Bill 74 – A single-payer, communist healthcare system…
- Senate Bill 21 – Placing leaders of special interest groups on the State Employee Benefits Committee…
- Senate Bill 51 – An expensive and pointless overhaul of the teacher certification process, making it even less attractive to pursue one of the most important jobs in our society…
…and so much more.
As for local fights, we have:
- A Newark City Council bill which violates at least 5 amendments in the Bill of Rights. We have successfully defeated this twice, but we’ve uncovered some new, hair-raising information.
- Appoquinimink School District Board’s second attempt to hike taxes through referendum (on May 9th). We’ll discuss the results and next strategy.
- Wilmington City Council’s love affair with felons and jump squad strip searches. We’re ready to mobilize now.
- Dover City Council’s addiction to plundering the citizens with taxes to give themselves pay raises. We’re ready to mobilize on this as well.
- In Sussex County, we have a great chance to start beating back Common Core and the statists’ education dollar corruption.
Last month, we briefly discussed aspects of our organization that we’re continuing to build, such as: our Bill Tracking and Research groups, Literature and Legislation Writing groups, and IT/Web Development group. These were just a starting point, and we’ll continue to grow all of those efforts.
But now it’s time to hit the streets for liberty.
This month, we’ll cover the legislation that is still moving at a rapid pace at the State Capitol. We’ll also go through strategy and training for door-to-door activism.
This is literally where the “rubber meets the road” to freedom.
As Thomas Paine wrote in Common Sense,
“It is the good fortune of many to live distant from the scene of present sorrow; the evil is not sufficiently brought to their doors to make them feel the precariousness with which all American property is possessed.”
Eric, it’s time to carry liberty to the doors again.
Here are the times and locations for the May meetings:
North New Castle County – Wednesday, May 15th from 7-8:30pm
Emmanuel Presbyterian Church
1006 Wilson Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
South New Castle County – Thursday, May 16th from 7-8:30pm
North Star Grill & Lounge
380 E. Main Street
Middletown, DE 19709
Sussex County – Friday, May 17th from 7-8:30pm
Abundant Life Church
20488 Donovans Road
Georgetown, DE 19947
West New Castle County – Tuesday, May 21st from 7-8:30pm
Newark Senior Center (Activity Room)
200 White Chapel Drive
Newark, DE 19713
Kent County – Thursday, May 23rd from 7:00-8:30pm
Levy Court Complex, Room 221
555 South Bay Road
Dover, DE 19901
The window of opportunity to set things right grows smaller by the day. The people need to hear the truth and quickly be assembled.
We must mobilize ourselves for our liberty.
I look forward to seeing you at the next meeting.
P.S. It’s time to hit the streets with the message of liberty.
Please attend one of the meetings listed above, and play a key role in restoring a society of prosperity and freedom.
“Ye that dare oppose, not only the tyranny, but the tyrant, stand forth! Every spot of the old world is overrun with oppression. Freedom hath been hunted round the globe.”
– Thomas Paine, 1776.