On Saturday, June 21st, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM, the City of Newark is scheduled to hold a City Council/Staff retreat at the Newark Country Club, 300 W. Main St in Newark. The stated purpose is to:
- “Open the lines of communication”
- “Discuss the Council-Manager form of government”
- “Clarify the roles of both council individually and collectively and the management staff”
This meeting should not happen for the following reasons:
- The meeting is being driven by the City Administration staff instead of council. Council should be providing the direction to staff, not the other way around.
- This meeting was never voted on or discussed by council prior to scheduling. Instead, it was imposed by the City Manager and her agenda.
- The hired consultant, David Woglom, was a 20+ year municipal manager who left office under a cloud of controversy — for the same improper behaviors being experienced in Newark today.
What you should do:
Call for an end to this meeting. Contact these council members and demand that they call an Emergency Meeting to VOTE NO and CANCEL this retreat:
Luke Chapman 302-293-7369
Margrit Hadden 302-983-9087
Todd Ruckle 302-893-1601
Spread the word – Let the residents know their voice can only be heard when their elected officials follow the direction We The People set for our community, not an unelected City Administration’s agenda.
Download our “SAY NO” to Retreat flyer and put it in the hands of like-minded neighbors and friends.
If they fail to represent you, attend the retreat – Hold council and staff accountable and be in attendance to hear the version of Council-Administrative government that the City Manager is teaching your duly elected representatives.
Then CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates on this issue. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Previous Related Posts: