Imagine the ultimate loss of privacy — if you never even had it to begin with.
My wife and I just had our first child, and I’m personally terrified about one of the hottest local topics, Common Core, which is now being rolled out across Delaware.
Common Core will be devastating to your future, whether you have children or not.
Common Core is a massive acceleration to the federal government takeover of education.
Even worse, it’s also a major step in the direction of the state getting total control of our children.
For decades, America’s educational standards have been in decline, with each generation of leaders being less prepared and less educated than the ones before it.
Now, the government is adding a radical data gathering and tracking system.
In 2012, our Governor, Jack Markell, struck a $4,616,250 deal, through the State Longitudinal Data Systems Grant Program, to implement data mining on our students.
The sad reality is schools can now collect information from our kids on such sensitive areas as:
- Political affiliations or beliefs of the student or parent;
- Mental and psychological problems of the student or the student’s family;
- Sex behavior or attitudes;
- Illegal, anti-social, self-incriminating, and demeaning behavior;
- Critical appraisals of other individuals with whom respondents have close family relationships;
- Conversations parents have with lawyers, physicians, and ministers that have always been legally private;
- Religious practices, affiliations, or beliefs of the student or the student’s parent; or
- Income (other than that required by law to determine eligibility for participation in a program or for receiving financial assistance under such program).
Even laws that protect our health privacy do not apply to the schools. Buried in the Obama Administration’s stimulus bill were amendments to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which gives the government access to a great deal of information that used to be private. The Common Core scheme creates the collection vehicle.
We have a lot of issues to fight here in Delaware, but all of it has to be put on the back burner for this one.
For the rest of the year, our meetings are going to focus on Common Core and mobilization efforts to stop it.
West New Castle County – Monday, September 16th, from 7-9p.m.
Newark Senior Center (Activity Room)
200 White Chapel Drive
Newark, DE 19713
Kent County – Tuesday, September 17th, from 7-9p.m.
Levy Court Complex, Room 221
555 South Bay Road
Dover, DE 19901
North New Castle County – Wednesday, September 18th, from 7-9p.m.
Emmanuel Presbyterian Church
1006 Wilson Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
Sussex County – Friday, September 20th, from 7-9p.m.
Abundant Life Church
20488 Donovans Road
Georgetown, DE 19947
South New Castle County – Thursday, September 26th, from 7-9p.m.
M.O.T Senior Center
300 S. Scott Street
Middletown, DE 19709
Please join us, and make time in your schedule for this urgent need.
Eric R. Boye
Delaware State Coordinator
Campaign for Liberty
P.S. Summer is over, but we all continue to be very busy in our personal lives.
However, if we don’t make some time to work together on pushing back against this current government scheme, I’m not sure freedom will have any chance to survive.
Please see the dates and times listed above, and join us at your next local Campaign for Liberty meeting.