Our meetings are back in full swing – and not a moment too soon.
The state legislature is back in session, and there is no shortage of liberty-shredding legislation that we need to mobilize on.
From attacking our most fundamental right of free speech and assembly…
…to increasing the powers of an ever-expanding police state…
…the legislators in Dover are doing everything they can to take the last bits of freedom we have.
For example, House Bill 187, the Free Speech Prohibition bill, is still on the Ready List in the Delaware House of Representatives, and Speaker Schwartzkopf can bring it to the floor for a vote at any time.
– This bill expands the definition of charitable organization to cover every possible assembly of people and will end the activities of all advocacy entities in the First State.
– It expands the definition of solicitation to cover every possible means of human interaction and communication.
– It requires you to report all financial information, expenditures, and schedules of your activities.
– It even requires any vendors you use for your effort to log and report information on every person you reach out to, whether they respond to you or not.
– And worst of all, it makes all of the information – including personal information of your vendors and donors – public on the Internet.
But it’s also a 22-page bill. I haven’t even scratched the surface of the atrocities buried into this mess.
Literally, your ability to speak to others about anything you care about will be crushed.
And Representative Edward Osienski of Newark refuses to remove his First Amendment-shredding piece of legislation.
Call him now and demand that House Bill 187 be STRICKEN from the record.
Legislative Office: (302)744-4351
Outside Office: (302)577-8476
Home Phone: (302)292-8903
It’s up to us to stop these assaults on freedom. Please join us at a meeting this month.
Sussex County – Friday, May 16, from 7-9 p.m.
Abundant Life Church
20488 Donovans Road
Georgetown, DE 19947
West New Castle County – Monday, May 19, from 7-9 p.m.
Newark Senior Center (Activity Room)
200 White Chapel Drive
Newark, DE 19713
North New Castle County – Wednesday, May 21, from 7-9 p.m.
Emmanuel Presbyterian Church
1006 Wilson Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
Kent County – Thursday, May 22, from 7-9 p.m.
Levy Court Administration Complex (Room 221)
555 South Bay Road
Dover, DE 19901
South New Castle County – Thursday, May 29, from 7-9 p.m.
M.O.T Senior Center
300 S. Scott Street
Middletown, DE 19709
Delaware State Coordinator
Campaign for Liberty
P.S. Legislators like Ed Osienski of Newark are destroying our liberties. The good news is, there’s plenty we can do to stop them.
Please join us at one of the meetings this month as we continue to build our strength in opposing their assault on our rights.